Well they get called just about anything café lights, bistro lights, big bulb lights, retro lights, festoon lights… the list goes on. But this post isn’t about what they’re called, call them whatever you want, just don’t get stuck thinking they have to be used outside!
So for those of you who love seeing festoon lights outside at Christmas and wish you could have them back without incurring any bad luck in January, you can! Here are some inspirational ideas on how to use them in your home.
1. Keep it monochrome and casual with these effortlessly placed black cable festoon lights.
2. Need a quick way to add character to your room? Festoons are the perfect mix between vintage and modern.
3. Don’t be afraid of colour, these festoon lights would look amazing in a child’s bedroom.
4. “Tumblr” into bed with these quirky white cable festoon lights, perfect for updating your teenager’s bedroom.
5. Keep it simple by making a localised light fixture out of your festoons using one large hook.
6. Make your festoon lights feminine by teaming them with lots of different soft fabrics.
7. Another classic monochrome masterpiece to bring out your inner Coco Chanel.
8. Feel like a film star every time you look in the mirror by draping them in front of your dressing table.
9. Exposed brick painted white with loosely hung festoon lights = perfection.
10. Who needs a bedside lamp when you can have bedside festoons, just as practical but much more stylish.
11. White festoons can be just as stunning! Bring some extra intrigue to your favorite piece of art.
12. Festoons don’t have to be used outside and they don’t just have to be used in the bedroom, this living room with festoons and clean exposed brick just screams urban loft.
13. Multi coloured festoons are back and now they’re in the kitchen! Great way to add some fresh and fun style to the heart of your home.
14. When in doubt loosely hang festoons at the side of your window, always a winner!
15. Help break up the room by subtly draping black cable festoons above the dining table.
16. Stay on trend with these festoons hung in a scalloped pattern.
17. Turn an eyesore into a statement by hanging festoon lights from unsightly pipes.
For more ideas and photos like these check out some of our blog posts and remember to follow us on Pinterest and Instagram. Alternatively if you’ve got all the inspiration you need and you’re ready to make a purchase then the button below may be of assistance.