Now I know a rain cloud might be the last thing you want to see at this time of year, but stay with us because these cloud lights are pretty special and a lot easier to make than you might think.
What you will need:
- Glue / glue gun
- Your cloud fluff of choice, we used pillow lining but you could use cotton wool
- Assorted Fairy lights
- Plastic bottles
- Clear thread or fishing wire
- A needle
- Scissors / Stanley knife
1. First take out your completely cleaned plastic bottle. Then, using a Stanley knife or scissors, cut an opening in the bottle, this will need to be large enough to fit in a battery pack.
2. Next, stuff your bottle full of fairy lights, you can use any kind of lights you want, but we found that flashing lights and mixed colours made a great thunderstorm effect.
3. Next, you can start getting stuck in, literally, take your glue gun or glue and start sticking! Stick your chosen cloud fluff all over your bottle, we used pillow lining but you can just as easily use cotton wool.
4. Now your light is almost done (I know that was fast!) all you need to do is attach your wire or thread so that it can be hung up later. We took our clear thread and used a needle to pierce through the plastic and secure it to the bottle, feel free to add more glue for extra stability!
5. And there you have it, your very own cloud light, perfect for parties, events and children’s rooms.
We even got a bit more creative and added some LED rain to our clouds. We did this by pushing our cascading copper wire lights through a small slit on the bottom of the bottle. We’d love to see what you do with yours, so be sure to post a photo Twitter or tag us on Instagram, make sure you use the hashtag #MyFestiveLights and we’ll share our favourites.