We don’t think there is anything more relaxing than the idea of sleeping under a cloud; we just love the way clouds look in a bedroom, and you must do too as our original DIY cloud light was a huge success and probably one of our most popular how to’s to date. So, since it’s been a while since we shared our first attempt at making a cloud light, we thought we’d have another go at a different kind of cloud light, this time using our copper curtain to create an enchanting rain effect that any little one, or big one, would be delighted to have beside their bed.
What you will need:
Step by step:
- First, cut out a cloud shape from cardboard.
- Paint the front of your cloud white – this doesn’t have to be perfect as you’ll be covering it in cotton wool.
- Once your paint is dry, cover the front of the cloud in your glue.
- Next, stick the cotton wool onto your cloud.
- Turn your cloud over and attach sticky hooks every 10cm, then attach your curtain light.
Tip* we used 20 hooks to secure our 2m curtain light.
- Use two sticky hooks to attach the rope to hang your cloud.
- Now hang your cloud in your chosen space and you’re done!
If you’ve tried this or any of our other DIYs, then let us know in the comments section, and don’t forget to share your images on Twitter or tag us on Instagram, making sure you use the hashtag #myfestivelights and we’ll share our favourites!