Create the ultimate, personalised DIY Valentine’s gift for the Disney fanatic in your life…. It’s quick and easy to do and the items needed to make it won’t break the bank! So, want to know how to create this Disney inspired, Beauty and the Beast enchanted rose quickly and on a budget? Then keep watching!
You will need:
- First, spray the wooden base of the cloche, set this aside whilst you work on the glass.
- To create a rose tint on the glass, mix roughly a quarter cup of water with pink food colouring, and then a generous glug of PVA glue. Then, carefully spread this onto the inside of the glass.
- To set the tint, we’ve used a heat gun, but if you don’t have access to one of those, you can set the colour by placing the glass inside an oven, on a piece of baking paper for around 10 minutes. Be careful when taking it out as the glass will get very hot!
- Then, when cooled, using a paintbrush and PVA, paint on the frosted pattern around the bottom of the cloche and add the glitter.
- Add the flower, it’s best to start with a flower with the full stem and then trim so that it fits fully inside the cloche. I’ve bent the rose slightly, just using my hands, and I’ve saved a few singular petals to lay on the base of the cloche to look just like the real thing!
- Secure the rose in place with a hot glue gun. All that’s left to do now is to pop your wire lights inside the cloche. These are perfect since the malleable wire means you can sculpt them around the rose, and the design, for maximum effect.
… And you’re done! If you’ve tried this DIY, then let us know in the comments section, and don’t forget to share your images on Twitter or tag us on Instagram, making sure you use our hashtag #ShareTheJoy – and we’ll share our favourites!
For more home lighting inspiration, and other DIYs, find us over on Pinterest!